What is Toenail Fungus and How to Treat Toenail Fungus?
How to treat toenail fungus? Toenail fungus is an fungi infection which can infect one or more nails of your leg. It causes discoloring of your nail. It may state from whitish and yellowish shade and can slowly become dark brown or even black. When it becomes mode deep, it even starts paining.
This is pretty common problems in people. If the precautions are not taken at the right time, it is difficult to treat toenail fungus. But recently there are some products in the market (like ZetaClear and Fungisil) which has really shown positive results in treating them.
Signs of toenail fungus
Following are the symptoms and signs of toenail fungus:
- Yellowish or brownish tint in the color of toenail
- It becomes thicker
- It becomes crumbly and dry
- In later stages, it can even pain if it is affecting nail bed.
How to Treat Toenail Fungus?
There is no sure shot way of treating toenail fungus (onychomycosis) in allopathy. You need to use either home remedies to treat them or use the herbal products available in the market. People have seen good results with these toenail fungus herbal products like ZetaClear.
Many people also try the home remedies like using Vick’s vapor rub, Listerine and vinegar. But according to the emails received by me, they are hardly able to see any improvements. So, I would say that these herbal products for treat toenail fungus is your best best. For more details have a look at natural toenail fungus treatment page.
Toenail Fungus FAQ
Q. Does those home remedies for the fungus of toenail work?
A. For some of them, yes. But for most of them, no. As per the emails received by me, most of the home remedies like Vicks Vapor Rub and Vinegar do no work.
Q. Are there any prescription drugs for toenail fungus?
Q. How to get rid of toenail fungus?
A. We suggest that you use the herbal products available online like Zetaclear and Fungisil.
Diet: You should totally stop the intake of foodstuffs that includes sugar in it. Drink plenty of water which would help you to eliminate all the toxins in the body.
You should try to follow a balanced diet. Avoid the intake of processed and bakery products especially the ones that contain yeast in it. Food items such as pickles, fermented foods and cheese should also be avoided. It is extremely necessary to go in for a balanced diet. It would foster the treatment process.
This will help you to recover in a short duration and get healthy nails. You should include Vitamin C and protein rich food in your diet. Many doctors recommend that yoghurt is beneficial for the patients suffering from this infection. Hence, you should include yoghurt in your diet.
All these efforts undertaken to go in for a balanced diet would help you to strengthen your immune system. It will help in preparing your body to fight infection and recover quickly.
Some preventions and precautions to be undertaken to treat toenail fungus are listed below
- Take proper care of your toes. One should clean his / her feet and dry them with clean towel regularly. Cut your nails regularly. Avoid applying nail polish on your nails in case of this infection.
- Wear footwear that would fit perfectly to your legs and you would be comfortable in
- You should take a balanced diet which would help you to improve your immune system
- In case, you are wearing socks and shoes regularly, make sure to change your socks daily. It is highly recommended to go in for socks that would facilitate the flow of air through the socks.
- As far as possible, avoid walking barefoot when you are suffering from this infection
Detailed information about how to treat toenail fungus has been mentioned above. You would also find some types of toenail fungus and its method of treatment in our next articles.